Monday, November 26, 2007

Challenge Park Revisited


My friends and I paid another visit to Challenge Park last weekend for some turkey-ball (Thanksgiving Paintball). We got into the park for free and quickly picked up our paint and aired up our guns. We set up shop at one of their tables that were scattered throughout the park. We walked over to Armageddon, a field that looks like a post-apocalyptic city, and waited for the next game to start. We split into teams and walked over to our respective corners of the field. The refs yelled and we sprinted off throughout the field. I ran left and took cover behind a half-collapsed wall. I peaked behind the corner and spotted two guys dead ahead of me crouched behind another wall. We traded paint for a minute or two and then I snuck one over the top of the wall and hit a guy right in his dome. He stood up and I poked my head out to try and find the other guy and ducked just as a wave of paint came flying over my head. I was getting ready to make a move when I noticed that the other play was already standing up with his gun in the air. One of my friends had finally caught up to me and had taken the other guy out before I had a chance to notice. I moved up to a pile of rubble and looked back to see my friend take one in the gun from the other side of the field. I turned and opened fire on the other guy and he ran to take cover behind a demolished car.I chased him down and continued to put fire on him. I had to pause and reload my gun and as I did he turned and ran away to the far corner of the field.
I continued to chase him back into the corner of the field and stopped behind another wall. I had them covered on the left and I looked over to see that the rest of my teammates were in a fire fight with the other team on the right. No one on the other team knew I was there and one of my teammates gave me the go sign. I came out from around the corner and saw five guys just standing in the open. I walked my fingers as fast as I could and covered four of them in paint as the last guy hid behind his fallen teammates. He ducked behind a wall and my teammate that had given me the go sign ran up the side and finished him off. We walked off the field and all anyone was talking about was that guy that ran up the left side and took out half the other team. It had to be one of the best, if not the best, game I have ever played.

No comments: