Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's Almost Gun Season






For all you deer hunters, firearm season starts this Saturday. I am looking forward to going out with my Remington 870 Deer Slayer. The Remington 870 Deer Slayer is a very common slug gun used for deer hunting. The only type of slugs I have ever used is Remington Sluggers. I am looking at buying a different type of slugs this year because there are some that are more accurate and can travel further.

The type of slug that I am considering is the Quik-Shok Sabot Slug. These slugs travel at a high velocity and can be shot over long distances. Also these slugs split into three pieces upon impact which causes maximum damage to the animal you are shooting.





Another product I am considering this year for my slug gun is a scope. In the past I have just used the open sites on my slug barrel. Open sites work fine but it is not as accurate as a scope would be. The scope I am thinking about is the Leupold VX-I Shotgun scope. This scope is designed just for shotguns. The field of view is extra wide which allows you to easily find your target through the scope. I am not set on buying this scope but it is a definite possibility.


This new equipment should increase my chances of bagging a deer during gun season this year. Hopefully I will be ready to go buy Saturday.

No comments: