Friday, November 16, 2007

Morning Hunt

Tomorrow will be the first day of shotgun this deer season and I plan to go out first thing in the morning. I have my Remington 870 shotgun and all my other gear ready to go. The spot I am going is generally not very good for deer hunting in the morning. The deer are always moving in evening when I go out there. Even though the deer are not very good in the morning at this spot, I think there will be some moving out there tomorrow morning.

First of all, the deer are going to be getting pushed around a lot. There are a lot more deer hunters that go gun hunting then there is that bow hunt. With tomorrow being the opening day of gun season you can bet that every hunter that deer hunts with a gun will be out in the morning. With so many hunters being in the woods, the deer are going to running everywhere from being spooked by hunters. The key to shooting a big buck on opening day of gun season is to be out there and set up before the other hunters in the area. After the first couple of hours the deer will find a spot they are comfortable and bed down.

The other determining factor for the morning hunt is the weather. I checked the forecast and they are calling for a chance of rain tomorrow. If rain does start to come then the deer will be moving to get comfortable before the rain. The weather is always a determining factor for any hunt. The deer never move very much when it is hot, so the cold temperatures in the morning may work in my favor. At least I hope it does or I will freeze my you know what off.

I am excited about my hunt in the morning and I hope it will be a successful one. I am going to get some sleep now so that I can be up early to be the first one out. Tomorrow I will be back to tell you about the hunt.

No comments: