Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Paintball Barn Tournament Continued

Last time, I talked about my experiences at the Paintball Barn. I touched on how they ran the tournament and it seemed okay. I also harped about how talent, experience, and skill are absolutely no match for solid teamwork. Unfortunately I can't blame the loss completely on the lack of teamwork. It just isn't fair to my teammates who, just like me, were trying their best to make it work. There were huge personal failings that ultimately led to many of our losses that day. They were no one's fault but my own and they were stupid rookie mistakes.

The very first game, I forgot to fill up my tank. Honest to God. I went out there with about 1000 psi. This however did not lead to a loss, we merely tied. But we should have won because we had position and momentum towards the end of the game. The second game, I decided, for some dumb reason, to switch my hoppers. I got out on the field and the new hopper had NO batteries. What was I thinking?! Later in the day, I forgot to fill up my tank again! It was just a huge mess on my part.

I think this all goes back to my attitude before playing in this tournament. I was completely out of the paintball mindset and was not prepared at all to play that day. This brings the second key to success on the field: if you're going to play, you better be ready. If you aren't geared up to play and you're heart isn't pounding a million times a minute, you're going to lose. So remember, Clocktapus says "Play to win, and for God's sake FILL UP YOUR TANK!"

No comments: