Thursday, November 1, 2007

Take Aim Paintball Experienced

Five of my friends and me walked into Take Aim Paintball. We slid to one of the surrounding tables and set our gear down via the slippery paint-covered ground. We went and paid our ten dollars for entry and ninety dollars as piece for two cases. At least our wallets wouldn't weigh us down anymore. We aired up our guns, loaded our hoppers, and hit the three man field. We decided to play without a ref and when both teams were at their respective sides we began.
After the break I sprinted to a bunker at our middle thirty taking out a guy from the other team that had moved just a little too slow. One of my teammates took up left back, and the other slid in at right thirty. The other team had two guys left, one opposite me and the other in the back right. We traded paint for a while, waiting for an opportunity to make a move. Then I heard someone yell from behind me and my teammate from our back left had taken one in the face. It was now two on two.
A short time after that my remaining teammate shot their right back player but exposed himself to get the kill and was taken out by their guy in the middle. I had a one on one on my hands and I quickly assessed the situation. The kid I was playing against was dead ahead of me and he was pretty ballsy. We traded paint for a second and then I pulled back behind my bunker. I knew that if I hid for just a few seconds that my opponent would attempt to run up on me. I waited in anticipation, my senses peaked and I could almost feel him coming. I popped out and took him out mid run, one in his chest, one in his package, and one on the top of his head as he fell to the ground holding it. The game was ours.

No comments: