Tuesday, November 27, 2007

New Squirrel Gun

This past Sunday I went to a gun show at the National Guard Armory in Lafayette, IN. There were a lot of different guns but I was looking for one specific one. I have been looking to buy a semiautomatic 10/22 Ruger. To order the gun new from Ruger it is $320. I figured that I would be able to find this gun at the gun show for a cheaper price. At the show they had six different 10/22 Rugers. I narrowed my interest down to two of the guns. One of the guns was the simplest model of the 10/22 Ruger you can get. The owner said he would sell it to me for $150. This was a cheap price but the gun had some rust damage and no scope. I decided this wasn’t what I wanted.

The other gun was the 10/22 DSP Ruger, which is the deluxe model, and it is the best 10/22 they make. This one had a Tasco scope, the long barrel, and all stainless steel. The owner had it priced at $365 and I managed to talk him down to $300. Along with the gun the owner gave me a box of 50 rounds. This is my new gun pictured above.

After I bought the gun I looked up what the gun would cost me new. I couldn’t find the gun with stainless steel, but without it the gun cost $320. I also found that the scope cost $60 new. So I essentially saved about $80 but that is with out the stainless steel. I think I got a pretty good deal.

I haven’t had a chance to shoot the gun yet, but this weekend I plan too. I want to shoot at a target a few times to make sure the scope is set right and then I hope I will have time to take it out squirrel hunting. My friend has the standard 10/22 Ruger with a scope so I am looking forward to seeing how it compares to his.

No comments: