Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Archery Mission Statement

The archery blog that will be found in the shooting sports blog will allow the readers to take a look at the sport of archery. In the blog I will discuss the different techniques of archery, the equipment involved in archery, and the different ways people can safely shoot. Safety is the key to all shooting sports. Archery is an encompassing sport allowing people from age 6 to 106 to be involved. Due to safety concerns about archery many people tend stray away from it. However when trained properly archery can be a very safe and relaxing sport that the whole family can participate in.
Since I have more experience in competitive archery it will be the main focus of my blog. However this blog will contain information on both competitive archery and bow hunting. This will allow the reader to choose which they prefer. If you would like to read more about hunting there is another blogger who is posting on that subject in this blog. The equipment that will be reviewed will be suitable for both hunting and competitive archery unless stated otherwise. This blog will talk about the different associations that govern the competitive archery world and how the tournament each runs is unique. The blog will also discuss the different scoring methods of these different associations.
The techniques discussed in this blog will be from my own personal experience. I will also talk about the common technique problems people have and the best way to fix them. Repetition is the key to archery. If you can do it the same way over and over all you have to do is move your sight. All in all I hope that readers both familiar and unfamiliar with the sport will be able to take away an appreciation for the sport of archery after reading this blog.

1 comment:

Amanda Rose said...

Ok so I just want you to know that I am really excited about reading your blog! I have only done archery like twice but the last time I tryed it I got a bulleye the first time! It was pretty awesome! I would really like to learn more about this sport! Thanks so much for blogging about archery!