Saturday, September 15, 2007

Tips and Tricks Clockta-style Vol. 1

Well, today is Saturday and you all know what that means, most people are practicing tomorrow! So I think it’s time for the first edition of Clocktapus’s tips and drills for more effective and smarter play. I’m not claiming to be the best player around, or that I don’t have anything to learn myself, but I’ve been playing tournament paintball for around 5 years now and I have picked up a lot of knowledge from many different players that I look up to. Tomorrow is my first practice with a new team. I joined my college’s paintball club and I am going in with an open mind to try to learn new things.

Here’s what I want all of you readers to try this weekend. If you find yourself in a situation where you are outnumbered two (or more) on one, make sure you are on your feet. You do not want to get caught sitting down, this will spell your doom. Make sure you give yourself enough room behind your bunker that you are still protected and have the largest possible range of sight. This will make sure you don’t get pinched in and bunkered.

The next thing to remember when you are outnumbered is: do not get tunnel vision! Keep switching hands! If you get caught starring at one player or one side of the field, there is always going to be someone moving up the other side. I can guess what you’re saying right about now. You’re saying “Who does this guy think I am? I’m not a magician, you know.” I realize that taking a 2 on 1, 3 on 1, or even 4 on 1 are some of the most difficult situations to turn around, but if you can take a couple down in the process, you will get mad respect from the other players and who knows, you might just pull it off. Remember Clocktapus says “Just keep shooting! Never give up!”

No comments: