Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Beef with UPS


Ok so I don’t have a bigger problem with UPS but they did lose one of my packages. I was having problems with one of my subgauge tubes so I called Briley and they told me to send it in. So I packaged it in pipe insulation and put it inside a blueprint tube and taped up the ends and took it into staples to ship it. Luckily I got insurance the package and so it will all work out in the end. But I waited 2 weeks after I shipped it to call Briley to check on the progress because it was supposed to arrive 5 days after I shipped it. So I called Briley and they said they have no record of receiving the package, and so I went on UPS’s website to track the package and that is when I saw that it had been damaged and lost and that they were supposed to call me and let me know. Well I was never informed of this and it was fortunate that I found this out because if I had waited 2 days later and called my insurance would not have covered the item. So the moral of this blog is to tell everyone to make sure and insure all the packages you ship. I am fortunate because I am going to get $500 out of Staples to replace my subgauge tube.

No comments: