Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tech Talk: VLocity


The VLocity is the new hopper recently released by View Loader. Just by looking at the structure and overall shape alone, one can see that this hopper clearly trumps VL’s previous Evolution II. Another plus side the VLocity is its speed. This thing is fast! It can reach 20+ balls per second which is more than enough for any legal firing mode. The wide mouth lid design makes it very easy to reload. No more straining to pry the lid of the Evo II open (and keep it open)!

When I first tried this hopper out, I noticed that even though there were balls blocking the eyes, the loader was still trying to feed and sounded like it was jamming up. I immediately thought it was another faulty piece of paintball junk until I learned why the hopper did this. The VLocity has eight tension settings, one being the lowest and eight being the highest. The VLocity’s drive cone puts pressure constant pressure on the balls to keep them flowing at a smooth rate. This is adjusted through a very simple, one button LED menu.

When I compared this hopper to the other leading loaders on the market (Halo and Reloader), I quickly favored the VLocity. Its design is so much simpler and user friendly. The first advantage it displays is its power switch, instead of a power button. How many times have we been standing there in the glaring sun trying to figure out if the button on the Halo or Reloader has turned it on yet? I know I have many times. I also favor its eye setup over the Reloader’s sound feeding system. The microphones in the Reloader never seemed to work right for me. Maybe I’m just old fashioned, but Clocktapus says “View Loader is back on top with this hopper”.

No comments: