Friday, September 14, 2007

Tippmann A-5, Nuff Said

If you have ever been to a field where woodsball is the standard style of play then chances are you’ve seen one. They are the perfect counterpart to any woodsball player and yep, you guessed it, I have one. Mine started out as a bare stock model. I got it from Santa about 4 years ago and let’s just say it is not what it used to be. The great thing about the gun is it’s effective, efficient, reliable and inexpensive. Not to mention the mods available for it seem limitless. It is basically the total package.
Now like I said, I do own one so everything I’m saying is completely based off of experience with the gun. This thing is one of the best guns I have ever used in my life. It is amazing right out of the box and I’m talking bare bones, stock mechanical trigger, 8.5 inch barrel, cyclone feed, etc. But that is only half of it. A stock A-5 is good enough, but why would you want to stop there. It serves as a solid base for a limitless world of modifications.
I myself have added on to my A-5. I have upgraded the trigger not once but twice, first to a response trigger, and then to an electric trigger. I replaced the stock grip with an air through grip and hooked that up to a vertical adapter in order to move it to the stock position. I’ve added a drop forward and an adapter block to move my tank up and down a few inches and then switch the trigger form single to double. I also added a flatline barrel for that little extra edge. The thing is a beast; it has never once failed on me and continues to shoot as straight and true as the day I bought it. I’ve got to tip my hat to the guys over a Tippmann. They made one hell of a gun.

2 comments:

Clocktapus said...

No matter how many times you play, or how expensive your gun is, a Tippmann 98 or A5 that has a ton of upgrades on it still looks intimidating!

DumbFun said...

Hey, I totally feel you. The first paintball gun i ever had was a diablo mongoose, which i bought a halo lcd hopper for, but unfortunately, after a few months, i had no luck getting it to work. I took it somewhere to get checked out, they said it was fine, but no beans. I did some research and talked to some people and thus was introduced to Tippmann.

I knew i wanted a strong, reliable gun...so I got a Tippmann A-5, and i got exactly what i wanted. I've had it for a little over a year now. I havent gotten to use it much, since my old township kinda sucked, but when i have, i loved it. Not only does it have some bite, but what might be more important is that it sounds like it does. It is loud and intimidating.

I havent gotten around to customizing it yet though, I kinda promised myself not to do so until i actually figure out, and sell my old mongoose. But when i do, im goin all out. I plan on decking it out in custom parts to make it look like an MP5. I intend to get the parts from special ops who, incase you guys didn't know, worked with Tippmann to develope the new Tippmann x-7 marker, which looks killer!

Anyway, heres a link to special ops, check out their mod gallery!
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/

and directly to the a-5 mods
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/parentcategory.asp?CAT=107202301