Saturday, September 22, 2007

Shooting Glasses Review


I have another set of product reviews for you. Anyone who has shot for awhile knows that eye protection is essential and lens color is important to see the bird. I also believe that comfort is key and my personal choice is the Oakley Half Jacket. Technically they are probably not safety glasses but I have seen many people use the Oakley line of glasses for shooting. I shot with just regular sunglass lenses for the longest time before I found the array I wanted on e-bay. Yes I know it sounds like I am an e-bay junky but it really is a good place to get a lot of stuff cheaper than retailers.


My array I got on e-bay had the Fire, Persimmon, and the Gray lenses which I find that the Fire and Persimmon show the orange of the bird really well. I use the Fire when the sun is out and the Persimmon when it is overcast or just starting to get dark. I know a lot of people like the G-26 for lenses but unfortunately they do not offer them in the Half Jacket, I wish they would because I know a lot of people would by them. Oakley even offers prescription lenses but I am not sure how much that would cost you.

1 comment:

Danny Collins said...

These glasses are great not just for shooting but also for hazardous work that needed eye protection. Polycarbonate glasses are the toughest kind of plastic used in glasses. They can stop light caliber bullets such as .22 cal and shotgun pellets. Some can even stop .357 Magnum rounds. Of course, don't forget to consult an ophthalmologist first if you need prescription safety glasses.