Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ear Plug Review


Since I have been talking about safety lately I might as well talk about the other safety equipment used by shooters and those are the ear plugs. I personally think they are necessary but I have not shot without them much and my hearing is still good, but I notice a lot of times other shooters don’t wear them especially older shooters that can’t hear anyway. There are many varieties of ear plugs, anywhere from the cheap foam ones that I personally think never work, up to ones that enhance all sounds except the sound of the firearm.

The ones I use are in the middle they enhance the sound but they do let you hear it and they shut out the actual blast of the gun. I got these at my local hospital and they are form fitted to my ear so they will stay in and work excellent. You can also buy these kinds at some of the bigger competitions that cater to vendors. They also offer them in just normal ear plugs but they are still custom fitted. The way the custom fitting works is that they inject the material for the earplugs into your ear and then let it dry and it will hold its shape when they take it out. After that I think they harden them further and round down the edges.

These are obviously not cheap but how can you put a price on ear protection. Mine ran me $90 but I believe it was worth it because most of the time I can just leave them in between rounds and not even notice. The cheaper ones are usually about $35 but it probably depends on the vendor. I would recommend these to anyone who is fed up with the cheap ones that never work or are not comfortable to wear.

1 comment:

hajikhatri said...

I see some amazingly important and kept up to length of your strength searching for in your on the site www.repeatprecision.com