Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Big Game, More Like Big Lame

Ok, before I begin let me just say that the title is a little misleading. This blog is in no way shape or form a negative review of the Big Game. It does not so much refer to the game itself. It has more to do with the situation that I got put in. If you have read just a few of my previous posts you would be able to discern that I was very excited about the Big Game at Paintball Sam’s. I was all ready to go up to Wisconsin with my team join the hundreds of others in a paintball filled weekend. One of the main reasons I was so excited is because we are a fairly well known group among the owners of Paintball Sam’s. Most people that go to the Big Game go by themselves or with a friend or two. My team consists of twelve people, making us one of, if not the largest group that goes up. The people up there always seem to be glad to see us. At this point most of you may be asking yourself, so what seems to be the problem.

Well you see as the date grew closer and closer more people began bailing out on the trip. First there were a couple people who couldn’t make it due to sports teams and other school related complications. That was understandable, but then for some reason everyone else started saying they weren’t going. After our captain said she couldn’t go do to a soccer game I took up the leadership role and tried to figure out why the others weren’t going. The only answer I could seem to get out of anyone was that they had made other plans. This continued until the last few days before the Big Game. By then, there were only two of us left, me and a friend of mine that had just gotten into the sport a month or two ago. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. I talked to my friend and we decided that it wasn’t even worth going anymore because the experience would not even come close to those in the past years. Instead we went and played at a local field, but that’s a story I’ll save for another day.

Note: Remember, I am not saying that the Big Game is lame; I am simply saying that my team is. I still encourage anyone who enjoys woodsball to check out www.paintballsams.com for the next Big Game date.

No comments: