Friday, October 12, 2007

Fox Paintball Experienced

Well now that everyone knows what Fox Paintball has to offer I would assume that at least some of you are wondering how it plays. Well lucky for all of you, I like to talk about my paintball exploits. So me and my friend got there about mid day, there were quite a few people there but I wouldn’t say it was packed. We took out all of our stuff and started to set everything up. We assembled our guns and aired up. As we sat in my buddies van loading our pods and hoppers we could hear the rapid gunfire of paint leaving barrels and the screams of players cheering in victory or crying in defeat. After we had all our stuff together we tried to decide what we wanted to play. I had my A-5 set up for woodsball for the Big Game and my buddy had his Hybrid Traitor Fusion. Well needless to say I with my big ass A-5 with the stock shooting off the back was in no shape to play speedball. We decided to forego the speedball and play in the woods, after all that’s what we would have been doing at Paintball Sam’s. The only bad part was that there was a game starting right as we got there so we had to wait for the next game to start up.
We sat and waited for the game to end, and as we did we started to see people slowly trickle back into the parking lot, and bringing up the rear was the refs. Quickly after everyone was off one field they started congregating at another. My friend and i followed suit and joined the crowd. The refs came over and outfitted half of us with armbands made of orange duck tape. As I looked through the crowd to find the rest of my team I was pretty pleased. It was my friend, a group of kids who were unmistakably the regulars, a couple guys decked out in gillie suits, and myself. After the teams were set the refs lead us onto the field.
We walked onto the field and moved to our respected sides. We stood there in anticipation waiting for the refs to get ready. My team decided where we were going after the break and everyone took a couple shots at trees just for the hell of it. The refs counted down and just like that we were off. My friend and I moved up the right side with one other guy as the rest of the team swung left. We soon ran into some limit resistance. My friend tried to move up just a little too far and got pegged three times in the chest by a guy who had hid himself behind a board that was laid up against a fallen tree. We traded paint for a minute or two; he spent most of his time hiding behind his cover and popping out a few times to let me know that he was still there. I took a couple pot shots at him but just couldn’t time it right. Then I noticed that the board he was behind had holes in it and I could see when he moved. I waited for it, and as I saw the holes closer to the edge of the board get filled I opened fire. I nailed him just as he was poking little head out. After dispatching that guy we quickly moved through the rest of the field.
We switched sides and the game started again. We took the left side, moving down the same part of the field as last time but now in the opposite direction. My friend and I moved up to where the other guy had been in the last game and quickly noticed that there was a little more resistance from the other team this time. A guy behind us asked us for a little recon and as I pointed out the three guys spread out in front of us I took one straight to the neck. I raised my gun in the air and walked off the field. As I left I wiped my neck with my hand to notice that when I pulled it away there was no paint on it at all. Remember to always make sure it popped before you declare yourself out. Anyway, I watched the rest of my team play for what seemed like hours. After I left my friend stopped talking and started going solo. The rest of my team on the left side of the field froze. I started to think about a blog by Clocktapus about posers and their tendencies during games,see here, and I couldn’t tell you how spot on he was. My friend took out two of the guys on the other team and not until they had overwhelming numbers did the rest of the team move up and finally win the game. Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend it field to anyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paintball is always more fun when you win and work together.

Cucku said...

Good point, brad. Another point to make is that nobody's going to read a solid block of text with no pictures at all. Maybe some people will... clearly brad read it and got a real kick out of it. But you've got more problems here than just design issues. You spelled "ghillie suits" wrong, you said you were in your "buddies van" and left out those all-important apostrophes. You even forgot to hyphenate big-ass! And you call yourself a man?! And then there are the even simpler issues with your style: you come off as a real douchebag when you write about how "spot on" Clocktapus' blog entry about posers is. You're effective at alienating anyone who isn't a super-hardcore paintballa like yourself, even people who read this blog for the firearms and archery articles. Yay, peer-editing!

Clocktapus said...

Alright wait a minute, I think everyone is having a little too much freedom with my post on posers. If you're not a "super-hardcore paintballa" as cucku says, then you're not a poser. A poser in paintball, and in anything else for that matter, is a person who thinks they are a "super-hardcore paintballa" but are, in reality, not. I'm not going to go into the reasons why this is. If you want to know about it then read my post as well as my response to the comment on the post. For the last time, we paintballers do not think that recreational players are posers, we know they are just there to have fun and play the game.

The Dimer said...

Thank you for the accurate definition clocktapus, I agree with it 100 percent. I was trying to get across that the guys I was playing with thought they were all that and after watching them play it was easy to see that they clearly weren't. Sorry if I did a poor job at that.