Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It's Alive, It's Alive

Well a previous post I revealed the sad news that my Tippmann A-5, the mother of all guns, died on me. The culprit, worn down parts in the cyclone feed. Well I was originally just going to replace the piece that broke but when I paid a little visit to TechT Paintball’s website I noticed that they had a slew of parts for the cyclone feed. I thought about it and finally decided that as long as I was replacing one of the plastic parts, I might as well rebuild the whole damn thing. I bought a Vortex Mod to replace the pieces that broke. Then I went and added a Lightning Rod and a QEPH to replace the other plastic parts. After a brief assembly I air the revived A-5 up and ran a good half a case through it to put through its paces. I started her out on semi auto and after it seemed to be working correctly I pushed back up to full auto. The new metal parts worked just as expected, the kept the gun shooting long and hard. The seemed to make the cyclone feed move smoother and even though I was skeptical about the QEPH’s advertised ability to conserve air, my air tank had more air in it then it normally would under those conditions. The beast is definitely back, and not a moment too soon, Big Game is coming up in less then a week.

No comments: