Tuesday, October 23, 2007

We have our licenses, Officer


A while back I did a post about how to get a hunting license titled “Licensed to Kill.” After doing this post I recalled an experience I had last year that I was glad I had my license with me.

My friend and I went out goose hunting early one morning at a field next to the reservoir. At 8:00, after about an hour of hunting, I got a phone call from my mom saying a police officer called and that I needed to go to my truck to meet him. We were hunting over a hill in the back of the field so I couldn’t see me truck at the road form where we were at. We got up and walked to the road to meet the officer. We showed him our hunting licenses to prove that we were licensed. After that he told us that he really stopped because he thought my truck was a stolen vehicle that someone had ditched. This made me somewhat mad because he had pretty much ruined our hunt. The funny thing is that he got his car stuck in the mud next to my truck so he had to call a wrecker to pull his car out.

He really wasn’t there because he questioned our hunting licenses but I think if we wouldn’t have had them then he would have called us in. This is proof that you should always carry your hunting license with you when you are hunting. Even if the officer is looking for something else he still might check your license.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that sucks that your hunt was ruined, but at least you had your license with and not at home! If not you could have really been screwed. At least you know the police are actually concerned about stolen vehicles in your area.