Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mizzou Shoot

I stated in a post last week that myself and 6 of my other fellow Purdue Trap and Skeet shooters went to Missouri last weekend. Well we successfully made it down and back and that is the big thing for the weekend but we also shot well in the Missouri University shoot.

This was my first shoot so I did not know what to expect but we all had a good time and stayed safe. The shoot was held at Cedar Creek Rod and Gun Club near Columbia, Missouri. It was a nice club but it was out in the middle of nowhere. The weather wasn’t too bad on the way down there, we left at about 5 and got down there around midnight so we made pretty good time.

The weather however Saturday was terrible, it rained all day and it wasn’t just a light sprinkle, it was full on rain. We did have to stop twice because there was some lightning, but all this did not stop us from having a good time. We made the best of it and took this day as practice for the next time it rains during a shoot.

The weather on Sunday was the complete opposite of Saturday; it was sunny and about 70 degrees out, unfortunately that did not help my shooting any. None of us scored in the top three for any events but we did end up with 5th or 6th as a team, I haven’t heard the official scores but it doesn’t matter too much.

We left the shoot around 4 and didn’t get back until 11, we didn’t get lost we just stopped at the Arch in St. Louis Overall I think the shoot was a success and I can’t wait for the next shoot to come around.

No comments: